Get a 40 incher LCD You Won’t Regret It
I Start My New Year Resolution with One Big Ass screen LCD TV
My passion for flat screen TV started in 2004. LCD monitors back than are small between 15” – 19” not to mention small and expensive too.
One day while shopping, I saw a sharp 19” AQUOS LCD TV that cost more than RM3500 – I thought to myself I got to get one of those.
This is my 19” LCD monitor that I bought in 2004 it cost me RM2300 (USD605) vs. the new 40” that cost only RM1599 (USD515).
Samsung LA40D551 Specs
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 (awesome!)
- 4 HDMI input connector
- 2 AV input connector
- 2 USB input connector
- 2 Composite input connector
- 1 PC in D-Sub (VGA) Connector (bummer! Should have provided DVI instead)
- Ethernet LAN
- Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse
- SRS TheaterSound
- DTS 2.0 + Digital Out
- 10 watts x 2 Sound Output (RMS)
Top 3 Reason why you should buy
- Plenty of connectors – you can’t go wrong with this one. Your DVD, Blue-ray, Sony Play Station, iPad, iPhone, Astro Box and many other gadgets have place to call home.
- It’s a Full HD!
- Affordable – Less than RM2000.
The set up of this unit is very simple it will take you less than 5 minutes to hold the guide stand with screw and your Samsung LA50D551 LCD TV is good to go.
What You Don’t Bother to Want
Slimness – As you may have notice This unit is not slim – in fact this is not a slim series as seen on Plasma or LED TV latest unit brand. Cheaper slim series come with lesser connector some only include one or two HDMI input and that’s about it. The problem with current trend was the advertisement – slimmer the cooler and better. Check your budget before you settle down with your unit that last another 3 years before the new one (cheaper) rules the market.
Social networking – Adding this features onto the HDTV is adding extra cost to the unit. I’m waiting for Steve Jobs break through for TV. This unit do not have this feature so it okay.
What You Really Want
- Your laptop support the screen resolution and start playing full HD content. Not too big to break your old generation laptop or PC mother board/display support.
- Cheap enough to own a full HD display for every day use.
- Enough connectors for all your gadgets needs.
Now that you all hook up – get rip all the stickers on the screen bezel and let’s give it a spin – happy new year!