D-Link DSL-2750U Streamyx Broadband Setup
How-to Setup Streamyx Broadband Account on D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2+
It has been a priority question on my blog lately. I love D-Link DSL-2750U and I have not been disappointed by the awesome signal inside my room and outside my house.
This is how I setup my D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router. I normally do not install any software from the CD that come with the unit.
Please make sure you have your details ready — check your Streamyx application form which you have pre-select during registration with Telekom.
- Streamyx Account Username (users@streamyx)
- Streamyx Account Password
Login to your D-Link DSL-2750U Modem with Mac OS or Windows
Please log in to your modem with standard Username & Password.
Open your browser and enter http://192.168.1.1
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Validate Code: Enter what you see on screen
D-Link DSL-2750U — Setup
Go to the SETUP > Setup Wizard
You will go through 5 simple self-explanatory processes.
D-Link DSL-2750U — Change Modem password
Type in your current password (admin) and replace it with your desire new password.
D-Link DSL-2750U — Set Time & Date
I let mine automatically retrive and update time & date via dlink.com
D-Link DSL-2750U — Setup Streamyx Connection
Select from the drop down menu
- Internet Service Provider
The rest – You should stick to the default setting.
D-Link DSL-2750U SSID Setup
Give your network a unique name (SSID) and choose a password for your network (WPA2)
D-Link DSL-2750U – Check your Setting and Complete
Verify your setting and hit okay and you’re good to go. Your modem will now automatically reboot and will start connecting to the internet.
If you follow the instructions and your telephone line is in working order, you should have no problem getting your modem to work.
Still having trouble?
- Make sure your Streamyx Account has a correct User ID & Password. Try log on to your Streamyx Account.
- Make sure your Modem DSL light is stable/ On.
- If Your DSL light is stable — light indicator on “Internet” should “blink” to establish an internet connection.
- Re-check your setting or reset your modem. Use a pin to reset your modem and repeat the setup above.
- Re-Check your DSL splitter — try swap cable around (phone line and modem line).
- If you have a spare modem (old working modem) try using it to cross check your telephone connection is in proper order.
- Pick up your phone and check the noise level (not Dial Tone). If too high you will have to call Telekom to fix it.
- Most silly mistake — forgot to plug in the telephone cable.